Great Advice on How to Get a Chinese Girlfriend
Finding a girlfriend from a different culture isn’t always easy, especially when you consider the difference between Asian and Western cultures. These top tips are designed to help you engage and interact with Chinese women, especially from mainland China, in the hopes of making them your girlfriend. Remember though, not all girls are the same, regardless of their cultural background, so while these tips are general, they may not apply to the girl you are trying to conquer.
Don’t give up and keep fighting for the girl of your dreams!
What do Chinese Women Like in Western Men?
Like all relationships, you have to factor in personal taste, but in general Chinese women like Western men for these reasons:
- Free-spirited. While Chinese girls are more traditional, they do like to experience something new. They find that Western men let them do whatever they want. They like a man who is willing to take a risk or sell everything to go travelling around the world.
- Accepting. Contrary to Chinese men, who can shame a woman for having too many partners in the past, Western men understand that everyone has a past and a history. A Chinese girl is more likely to be subtle about her past and will appreciate not being blamed for it.
- Money. There is still a stereotype or belief that a white man equals money. Even you look presentable, that is all that matters, even if you rent and eat cheap. For Chinese culture, having a foreign husband is prestigious.
How to Impress a Chinese Girl
There are various ways to impress a Chinese woman, like there are to impress any woman. However, Chinese girls are more likely to be impressed by the following list than Western girls might be:
- Be employed. Employment is taken very seriously in Chinese culture and having a good job can go a long way when trying to impress her.
- Be interesting. This applies to any woman, regardless of their culture. If you cannot keep her interest, then it is unlikely she will want to date you.
- Express an interest in her. Chinese girls like to feel your attention, so show you are interested in her and her interests too.
- Express an interest in her family. Chinese culture is very family oriented, so showing a desire to get to know her family will go a long way.
- Talk seriously. Chinese women are very forward and honest when talking, so it is important for you to do the same. Of course, there is a time and a place to be serious and one to be funny, so learn when each time is.
Dos and Don’ts When Flirting with a Chinese Woman
Chinese women can be shy, so it is more about the small details that will attract her rather than rambunctious flirting. Be subtle with small gestures and she will understand you are flirting with her.
- Carry her purse, pay for her meals and help solve her problems
- Show interest in her and her family
- Be direct and honest about your intentions
- Give her time. Relationships develop at a different speed in Chinese culture
- Talk her into sex and leave her. This is a big no as it brings shame on her.
- Be impatient
- Be rude towards her or her culture
- Be pushy
How to Ask a Chinese Girl Out
The best way to ask a Chinese girl out is to be honest and direct about your intentions. Some girls are looking for a serious commitment, whilst others may just want company. It is important to make it clear at the start what your intentions are. This not only avoids confusion it makes it easier for both of you. Chinese girls are not normally ones for a one-night fling, as they take relationships seriously.
How do Asian Guys Flirt?
When Asian men flirt it is more traditional than their Western counterparts. Again, this depends on the type of guy in question. Asian men can be romantic and will make the first move, but they are also very much about being a man. They will pay the bill for dinner before the woman has had a chance to look at it for example. They have a tendency to be more honest, as they have a better understanding of Chinese culture and what is expected from them. However, there is an ever-present determination to impress their parents and/or family.
How to Please a Chinese Woman
Pleasing a Chinese woman is the same as with Western women: Talk to them with honesty and discover what makes them happy, and then do that. However, there are certain aspects of dating an Asian woman from mainland China that are different than what we are used to.
- Treat her like a man should. While it may seem outdated in our society, Chinese women want you to take care of paying for dinner, etc. She would not look to change traditions that have worked for hundreds of years.
- Explain yourself. You don’t want to upset a Chinese woman, so you will have to explain yourself frequently.
- Plan dates. As a man, it is your responsibility to plan everything and she follows.
- Meeting her family. This is a big important step, so you must take it as seriously as she does. She will want you to be accepted by her family, so a first impression is everything.
Dating and flirting with a Chinese woman is very different from Western girls, but it can be far more rewarding. Chinese girls are loyal and honest, with different expectations. You will need to be committed and honest about your level of commitment in order to impress and finally date a girl from Mainland China.